Thursday 22 July 2010

Design workshop

I attended a workshop today exploring the business benefits of using design. I was really wanted to know how design can help us to improve this blog and our planned website. It was great to see that many of the examples of best practice, in advertising and design, were from the Yorkshire region and some of them we met at the Driffield show yesterday, in particular @debbieandandrews.co.uk whose sausages are totally 'yummy', I'm looking forward to eating their spicy Sicilian sausages this weekend. Back to the training course;   It was very interesting and I came away with some useful pointers, however, me being a 'people person', I got a lot more value from the networking opportunity and met some terrific people. I was also in a position to introduce  @make-a-wish.org.uk to Catherine Jenkins, (no I didn't ask if she sang opera!), from @jenx.com who provide equipment to children with disabilities, also Paul Amaral from @j.aupholsteryltd who provide innovative, quality furniture to a number of clients, most interestingly, childrens hospital wards.
It never ceases to amaze me how people with vision and determination strive to create products which we all take for granted and most of these innovators began as SME's, often working in isolation and struggling to pay bills month on month, we Brits really are 'Great'!!!! Its been a long day and I am in serious need of some ZZZZ's so its off to bed, a cup of Horlicks, read a few lines before snuggling up to a warm snoozing hubby. Night night 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day, with good people!

    ReplyDelete