Friday 30 July 2010

Keeping it local in the supermarkets

I had a lovely chat with Debbie from @debbieandandrews.co.uk waxing lyrical about their delicious sausages and where they can be purchased, several of the major supermarket chains stock @debbieandandrews and of course you can buy the on-line. 
I later popped into my local @waitrose.com and met the store manager Leigh Ford. Leigh explained that @waitrose.com are the major, (in terms of supermarkets), stockists of local produce, as a keen food shopper, I can vouch for that! I even found some @debbieandandrews.co.uk sausages sitting in pride of place on the chiller next to a mouthwatering display of their competitors, in particular @www.musks.com, sausages to die for from Newmarket. As I went to school in Newmarket I can honestly say that these sausages evoke childhood memories, don't take my word for it, they may be in a boring wrapper but by crickey, they are Suffolk Smashing!!!!
I also found some baby plumb tomatoes and spring onions from Chris Durnford at Red Roofs Nursery, Dunswell Rd Cottingham, now that really is local!
If you want to chat about local produce or invite Claire and I to your store to see what you are doing to support local businesses then just give us a call, visit the about Claire  & Linda page for contact details.

No comments:

Post a Comment