Monday 19 July 2010

A visit to the Regional Food Group

Today was an education for me.  I had assumed that the RFG was a little like Business Link but focused on food related businesses.  Well, I was nearly right, what I hadn't accounted for is that they are in competition with some of their own customers.  I am not sure I like the idea of a publicly funded organisation (budget secured until 2012) going head to head with small local businesses.  I left the meeting completely confused about what they are trying to achieve in as much as anyone wanting to benefit from their services is charged an annual membership fee and then has to pay again to get a mention in the directory - Deliciously Yorkshire.  How does that work then?  Perhaps I have misunderstood or misrepresented in which case I would welcome feedback and comments from readers, alternatively perhaps I understand only too well!  How would rate paying businesses feel about this use of their hard earned cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment